Africa Leadership Institute (AFLI) is an independent, non-partisan, Pan-African NGO and public policy think-tank that also implements socio-economic development initiatives particularly among peripheral and cross border communities. Since 2003, AFLI has devoted efforts to the well-being of people of Africa through research, policy options, mentoring young leaders, promoting accountability through leaders, monitoring as well as through life-changing interventions in peace, security and health.
1. Job title: Communication & Media Relations Officer
Reporting to: Head of Civic Engagements
Duty station: Kampala
The Communication & Media Officer (CMO) will support AFLI activities in the areas of producing and ensuring the quality of written communication materials as well as facilitating the process of producing high quality reports, strategic planning materials, public outreach materials, policy briefs, meeting notes and other documents. The CMO will also play a key role in facilitating communication and dialogue on AFLI project activities both internally across AFLI office operating units and with external stakeholders. The CMO will also contribute to AFLI programme activity planning, design and reporting processes.
· Implement AFLI’s Communication Strategy in consultation with senior management team, staff and partners.
· Provide support to the AFLI leadership team by effectively communicating organisational goals, achievements and information through mass media channels, including social media.
· Develop, implement and evaluate AFLI’s social media strategy, including maintaining the institution’s presence on platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
· Manage, maintain and constantly update AFLI website to effectively communicate the brand identity and the organisation’s mission and vision.
· Support AFLI in the writing, production and editing of key written documents, including formal reports, briefing memos, public outreach materials, success stories related to project activities and accomplishments, fact sheets, Power Point presentations, policy briefs and high-level meeting summaries.
· Develop and maintain relationships with accredited journalists and media outlets in Uganda and beyond the borders.
· Monitor media content on a continuous basis and advise on coverage opportunities
· Develop media pitches and seek proactive coverage opportunities in consultation
with AFLI senior management.
· Write and distribute media releases on relevant subjects and activities to advance
AFLI’s strategic agenda.
· Lead the production of AFLI’s communication collateral, including an e-newsletter,
parliamentary performance scorecard bulletins, brochures, banners and other
· Produce a brand style book and operationalise it among internal and external
stakeholders. Customise all branding materials to align with the corporate identity
guidelines; monitor compliance.
· Lead the development and delivery of communication strategies for events, forums
and policy submissions.
Qualifications & Competencies:
· A bachelors and Masters in an associated field, such as Public Relations, Journalism,
Mass Communication or a related field from a credible institution.
· At least 4 years’ experience in charge of communications in a NGO, Government or
· Previous experience in media relations and a proven track record in social media
communication and engagement media coverage.
· Experience in online communications including: developing and implementing online
strategies, social media pages and maintaining websites.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibility to work with a team.
· Demonstrated ability to organise work, manage time, determine priorities and meet
· High level of integrity, commitment and ability to uphold confidentiality
· Ability to tolerate cultural and religious diversity in the work place
· Demonstrated ability to listen to and support programme staff and partners, and to
work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Uganda.
· Excellent communications, presentation and writing skills
· A team player who is willing to work with others
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your applications with scanned copies of your qualifications, CV and three (3) referees to the Head of Quality Assurance and Human Resource at: email@example.com.
Canvassing and lobbying candidates will be disqualified.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Deadline is 24th July 2020.